Pages

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Generations Of Prosperity

By Keona Tann


I have a friend who is currently in the process of establishing an olive grove. It is a mammoth task and one that they have undertaken as a way to sow into the generations to come. They desire to see the generations that follow benefiting from the wise choices they have made. It is truly inspiring! As I contemplated this I felt a need to do some research, for I also long to sow prosperity into the generations to come, so here are some interesting facts about olives trees for you:  

  • In Australia it is considered to be the fastest growing horticultural industry.
  • The trees can produce fruit as early as 3 years but can take up to 12 years.
  • Olive oil is recommended to be a healthy substitute for other fats and is actually considered to be a fruit juice.
  • The trees are beautiful to look at and as there is no bark or leaf shedding they don’t make much mess.
  • They are hardy plants that are able to withstand storms, drought, frost and salt water.
  • The olive tree as a gift symbolises joy, peace and happiness.
  • It is believed that olive trees can have a possible lifespan of 2,000 years – wow! Now that is an investment into the future generations!
 As I researched about the olive tree I came across this verse:
But I am like an olive tree, flourishing and thriving in the house of God. I will always trust in God’s unfailing and unending love. I will praise You forever, O God, thanking You for all You have done. I will trust in Your good and beautiful name in the presence of Your faithful people. Psalms 52:8-9 NLT & TPT paraphrased

I love that verse.

Let me combine the bible with the facts about the olive tree:
  • ·    I can be like an olive tree, with my roots buried deep down into God’s love I am made strong - Ephesians 3:17.
  • ·   I am contunally growing in my faith (with a rapid acceleration experienced over the past 11 months) - 2 Corinthians 10:15.
  • ·    I have produced small amounts of fruit in my life but I long to produce much much more – John 15:5.
  • ·   Jesus is the best substitute I’ve found for anything - Acts 4:12.
  • ·   God is making something beautiful out of me and I’m relying on Him more and more so that I don’t make a mess of things - Ecclesiastes 3:11.
  • ·   My strengthening faith is enabling me to withstand the storms of life, I can endure what the world throws at me because God is my strong tower of refuge - Proverbs 18:10.
  • ·     Because of Jesus I can bring joy, peace and happiness to the lives of others – through the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control - Galatians 5:22-23.
  • ·   The efforts that I make today can leave a lasting legacy for the generations to come - Psalm 105:8.


Today I pray that you’re strengthened to face the storms that rage around you. I pray that you can make wise decisions that bring spiritual prosperity, for this will carry on into the generations to come.

Blessings!

For more info on olive trees check out these links:


For most of my life I struggled with sickness. The 2 dominant afflictions were endometriosis (for 28 years) and adrenal fatigue (I was severely debilitated for 28 months and the recovery has been a journey of 11 months so far).
In September 2016 God declared healing over my life. This set me on a path of restoration and transformation.
My passion for writing was reignighted and I wrote the following mission statement:
I desire to impact the world through the words I share. I long to enrich, empower and encourage others whilst delivering my stories with empathy and understanding.
“He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬
I've started a weekly blog which you can find at: https://keonajtann.wordpress.com/
I'm currently working on my testimony as well as my journey with endometriosis and adrenal fatigue. I hope that I'll launch my first book soon. Many blessings, Keona

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing to think that a tree can begin producing fruit in as little as three years, yet last 2,000! I guess you could say the same about Jesus - he had three years of earthly ministry that has lasted 2,000 years. Great comparison, Keona. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was fun researching and comparing 😊

      Delete
  2. To be like an olive tree ... Resilient to the hardships of life yet with grace to be always at peace. Thank you for your post Keona, and peace to you 😌

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.