Pages

Friday 9 December 2016

Who Am I

By Keona Tann

From an early age I continually asked myself this question: “who am I?”. For decades I struggled with the answer. During my recent 28 months of debilitating illness I was left feeling like I was nothing! I was taken into the depths of despair that left me, many times, questioning if I should even be alive! If you've been in that place or you're there right now you know how painful that place is!

I am so pleased to tell you that God rescued me from my pit of despair and has restored my hope! I can now fully and truly embrace who I am! I declare that I am a daughter of the Most High King; I am a jewel treasured beyond compare and I am a mighty warrior!
As I ponder this great revelation I realize just how important self-value is! To know who you are determines what you can achieve. If the enemy can distract you from achieving your purpose in life, he has achieved a great victory. My heart breaks over those struggling with identity issues. For I know that while those people are wrapped up in those issues, they are being prevented from achieving amazing and awesome things!

So today at this very moment grasp onto; cling to; never let go and declare the following promises from God:

Genesis 1:27 God you created human beings in your own image both male and female.

Job 33:4 The spirit of God has made me. The breath of the Almighty gives me life!!!!

Isaiah 64:8 O Lord, You’re my Father! I am the clay and you my potter. I am the work of Your hand!

John 7:38 From my innermost being will flow rivers of living water!

Isaiah 41:18 & John 4:14 Rivers will flow on the high barren places in my life! Springs of life giving water will come forth from the valleys in my life! The deserts in my life will become pools of eternal water. The parched dry areas springs of never ending water!

Isaiah 27:2-3 I am a fruitful vineyard. The Lord watches over me! The Lord waters me continually. The Lord guards me night and day so that no one will harm me!

Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT) “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Lord may I walk in your plans for my life

Psalm 139 I have been created, fearfully and wonderfully, by you God. You Lord knitted together intricately all my parts in the womb. My mother did not know she was pregnant at first but God you knew me before I was even in her womb! Praise the Lord! My days are ordained, they are written in God's book! God knows my anxious heart he tests my thoughts. He will remove any offensive thing within and replace it with his everlasting life! The faulty DNA will be replaced with Gods perfect DNA!
Ephesians 2:10 (NLT) “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”

These are but just a few examples of the great promises. Cry out to God, ask Him for a fresh revelation of who you are!
Then pray:
Lord write your identity into my mind
Lord write your identity into my heart
Lord write your identity into my spirit
Lord write your identity into my entire being!

What the enemy designed to be your destruction can be made into your greatest weapon! As you walk in the victory you've been given you can touch the lives of others as promised in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV):
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
This verse is summed up so brilliantly by Lysa TerKeurst "God doesn’t comfort us to make us comfortable. He comforts us to make us comfort-ABLE … able to help others."
During my recent season of illness, I sensed God speaking that he was growing in me empathy. Now reading those words of Lysa's it's confirmed! I've experienced pain so I can identify with people in pain!
I've experienced sickness so I can identify with people in their sickness! 
I've experienced the depths of despair so I can identify with people in great despair!

So again I implore you to ask God “who am I?”. Then, once you know who you are in Christ, you can achieve the wondrous and amazing things He has destined for you!

Blessings!

Keona Tann has lived most of her life in the beautiful Australian state - Tasmania. She has been married to her college sweetheart for over 20 years. Keona and her husband consider themselves extremely blessed to be raising 2 wonderful teenagers. They have also been long time child sponsors with Compassion. Keona's working life has seen her develop over 15 years of customer service experience. Health issues have plagued her for 28 years and over the past 2 years have been severely debilitating. Seeking direction from God her passion for writing was recently reignited. Writing the following mission statement: "I desire to impact the world through the words I share. I long to enrich, empower and encourage others whilst delivering my stories with empathy and understanding." she hopes to launch her new career soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Keona, for reminding us of all those beautiful, empowering words from Scripture. I love Psalm 139 and it has been a great source of strength to me in my writing journey in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Keona, for sharing your experience & God's blessings and encouragement during illness.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.